Psychology caught my interest my junior year of high school. I took this class just to get my academic requirements done. Little did I know that this would be something I would want to do for the rest of my life. I fell in love with this subject on the first day of class. My teacher gave us a list of fun facts, similar to the blog I posted earlier, which caught my interest. I kept thinking about how much research had to have went behind these little fun facts. I wanted to be someone that would be able to research any topic I wanted and be able to have proof of why certain things happen certain ways. I find it really intriguing how our brain works and that there are reason for why we act certain ways or prefer certain things.
- If you announce your goals to others, you are less likely to make them happen because you lose motivation.
- Your favorite song is probably your favorite because you associate it with an emotional event in your life.
- Spending money on others yields more happiness than spending money on yourself.
- 68% of people suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome, the feeling one’s phone is vibrating when it’s not.
- The average High School student today has the same amount of anxiety as the average psychiatric patient in the early 1950’s.
- Research conducted on comedians and funny people showed they are actually more depressed than the average.